Maintaining a pleasing smile takes some doing. We can regularly brush and floss, as well as eat a healthy diet and avoid unhealthy oral habits, but they might not be enough. Visiting the dentist for a cosmetic dental consultation, however, would reveal all the visible oral concerns, and the dentist could discuss with you the appropriate ways to address them.
Common Cosmetic Concerns
Here are some of the common cosmetic dental concerns:
- Missing teeth
- Damaged teeth, e.g., chipped, cracked, or fractured teeth
- Discolored or dull-colored teeth
- Gum disease
- Unevenly spaced teeth
- Gummy smile
Popular Cosmetic Procedures
- Dental implants: Implants are the most widely used solution to replace missing natural teeth. They are placed in the jawbone with the help of metal implant studs that act as tooth roots. The visible tooth-like structure is replaced by a ceramic crown that can be customized.
- Dental crowns:Crowns are one of the most versatile dental restorations, used for treating broken, chipped, cracked, excessively spaced, worn out, or weak teeth. They are prosthetics that replace the top part of teeth and are made from dental-grade ceramic, making them strong and durable.
- Dental bridges: Bridges are a simpler alternative to dental implants. They are used to replace missing teeth without the need for surgery. Bridges consist of a solid prosthetic tooth made from ceramic combined with dental crowns on either side that hold the restoration in place.
- Teeth whitening:Teeth whitening is the process of removing the stains from the teeth surfaces by gently bleaching them with teeth-whitening gel. There are various types of teeth whitening treatments like conventional whitening, take-home whitening trays, and laser teeth whitening.
- Gum graft: A gum graft or gum reshaping surgery is performed to shape the gums better. In the case of a gum graft, the dentist will extract healthy soft tissues from a different part of the mouth and graft them to the receded area of the gums. In instances where the patient has a gummy smile and wants to have it fixed, we will perform reshaping surgery.
- Orthodontic solutions:We can help align your teeth better using our customized orthodontic solutions that include dental braces, Invisalign, or other clear aligners. We could help fix crooked teeth that can severely ruin the appearance of your smile. Even people with severe malocclusion can be treated to avoid getting mocked and embarrassed.
- Veneers: Ceramic or composite veneers are used to give the frontal surface of the teeth a better appearance. They are used to treat cracked, chipped, misshapen, severely discolored, or worn-out teeth. The dentist will fabricate veneers according to the contour of your teeth and bond them to the frontal surface of the teeth using dental adhesives.
Please schedule a consultation with our highly trained team of dental experts, and we'll guide you further. You can call us at (707) 635-6565 or reach us through online consultation.